November 14-15, 2011, Manchester: The IMPACT project (http://www.impact-project.eu) and the Taverna team runned a free hackathon on the use of Taverna workflows in IMPACT and cultural heritage digitisation.
Attendees examined the general suitability of the Taverna workflow management system and the related myExperiment environment for use within the digitisation and document analysis domain, with a special emphasis on workflows related to OCR processing as were developed in the course of the IMPACT project. Related issues like long-term preservation and natural language processing have also been touched upon (from http://impact-mygrid-taverna-hackathon.wikispaces.com/).
Various SCAPE project members contributed to the workshop. A list of participants and an agenda of the event can be found here.
- A VM4C3PO 17/07/2014We have just set up a vagrant environment for C3PO. It starts a headless vm where the C3PO related functionalities (Mongodb, Play, a downloadable commandline jar) are managable from the host's browser. Further, the vm itself has all relevant processes configured at start-up independently from vagrant, so it can be, once created, downloaded and used as aalecs
- New QA tool for finger detection on scans 10/07/2014I would like to draw your attention to the new QA tool for finger detection on scans: https://github.com/openplanets/finger-detection-tool. This tool was developed by AIT in scope of the SCAPE project. Checking to identify fingers on scan manually is a very time-consuming and error-prone process. You need a tool to help you: Fingerdet.Fingerdet is an open soRoman Graf
- Quality assured ARC to WARC migration 10/07/2014This blog post continues a series of posts about the weeb archiving topic „ARC to WARC migration“, namely it is a follow-up on the posts „ARC to WARC migration: How to deal with de-duplicated records?“, and „Some reflections on scalable ARC to WARC migration“.Especially the last one of these posts ,which described how SCAPE tools can be used for multi-Terabyshsdev
- The SCAPE Project video is out! 03/07/2014Do you want a quick intro to what SCAPE is all about?Then you should watch the new SCAPE video!The video will be used at coming SCAPE events like SCAPE demonstration days and workshops and it will be available on Vimeo for everyone to use. You can help us to disseminate this SCAPE video by tweeting using this link https://vimeo.com/99803729! Standard tMelanieImming
- Introducing Flint 02/07/2014Hi, this is my first blog post in which I want to introduce the project I am currently working on: Flint.historyFlint (File/Format Lint) has developed out of DRMLint, a lightweight piece of Java software that makes use of different third party tools (Preflight, iText, Calibre, Jhove) to detect DRM in PDF-files and EPUBs. Since its initial release we have addalecs
- A VM4C3PO 17/07/2014