November 14-15, 2011, Manchester: The IMPACT project (http://www.impact-project.eu) and the Taverna team runned a free hackathon on the use of Taverna workflows in IMPACT and cultural heritage digitisation.
Attendees examined the general suitability of the Taverna workflow management system and the related myExperiment environment for use within the digitisation and document analysis domain, with a special emphasis on workflows related to OCR processing as were developed in the course of the IMPACT project. Related issues like long-term preservation and natural language processing have also been touched upon (from http://impact-mygrid-taverna-hackathon.wikispaces.com/).
Various SCAPE project members contributed to the workshop. A list of participants and an agenda of the event can be found here.
- Future SCAPE events are being planned.
- How trustworthy is the SCAPE Preservation Environment? 19/09/2014Over the last three and a half years, the SCAPE project worked in several directions in order to propose new solutions for digital preservation, as well as improving existing ones. One of the results of this work is the SCAPE preservation environment (SPE). It is a loosely coupled system, which enables extending existing digital repository systems (e.g. RODAjmaferreira
- Digital Preservation Sustainability on the EU Policy Level - a workshop report 18/09/2014On Monday 8 September 2014 APARSEN and SCAPE together hosted a workshop, called ‘Digital Preservation Sustainability on the EU Policy Level’. The workshop was held in connection with the conference Digital Libraries 2014 in London.The room for the workshop was ‘The Great Hall’ at City University London – a lovely, old, large room with a stage at one end andJette Junge
- And the winner is.... 11/09/2014On September 8 the SCAPE/ APARSEN workshop Digital Preservation Sustainability on the EU Level was held at London City University in connection with the DL2014 conference. Attached to the workshop Digital Preservation Sustainability on the EU Level SCAPE and APARSEN launched a competition: Which message do YOU want to send to the EU for the future of DigitalMelanieImming
- User-Driven Digital Preservation 28/08/2014We recently posted an article on the UK Web Archive blog that may be of interest here, User-Driven Digital Preservation, where we summarise our work with the SCAPE Project on a little prototype application that explores how we might integrate user feedback and preservation actions into our usual discovery and access processes. The idea is that we need to gatandy jackson
- Meet SCAPE, APARSEN and many more…. 27/08/2014SCAPE and APARSEN have joint forces and are hosting a free workshop, ‘Digital Preservation Sustainability on the EU Policy Level’ in connection with the upcoming DL2014 conference in London.The first part of the workshop will be a panel session at which David Giaretta (APARSEN), Ross King (SCAPE), and Ed Fay (OPF) will be discussing digital preservation.AfteJette Junge
- How trustworthy is the SCAPE Preservation Environment? 19/09/2014