The SCAPE project develops scalable services for planning and execution of institutional preservation strategies on an open source platform that orchestrates semi-automated workflows for large-scale, heterogeneous collections of complex digital objects. SCAPE will enhance the state of the art of digital preservation in three ways: by developing infrastructure and tools for scalable preservation actions; by providing a framework for automated, quality-assured preservation workflows, and by integrating these components with a policy-based preservation planning and watch system. These concrete project results are being validated within four large-scale Testbeds from diverse application areas.
- Future SCAPE events are being planned.
- And the winner is.... 11/09/2014On September 8 the SCAPE/ APARSEN workshop Digital Preservation Sustainability on the EU Level was held at London City University in connection with the DL2014 conference. Attached to the workshop Digital Preservation Sustainability on the EU Level SCAPE and APARSEN launched a competition: Which message do YOU want to send to the EU for the future of DigitalMelanieImming
- User-Driven Digital Preservation 28/08/2014We recently posted an article on the UK Web Archive blog that may be of interest here, User-Driven Digital Preservation, where we summarise our work with the SCAPE Project on a little prototype application that explores how we might integrate user feedback and preservation actions into our usual discovery and access processes. The idea is that we need to gatandy jackson
- Meet SCAPE, APARSEN and many more…. 27/08/2014SCAPE and APARSEN have joint forces and are hosting a free workshop, ‘Digital Preservation Sustainability on the EU Policy Level’ in connection with the upcoming DL2014 conference in London.The first part of the workshop will be a panel session at which David Giaretta (APARSEN), Ross King (SCAPE), and Ed Fay (OPF) will be discussing digital preservation.AfteJette Junge
- Win an e-book reader! 21/08/2014On September 8 the SCAPE/ APARSEN workshop Digital Preservation Sustainability on the EU Level is held at London City University in connection with the DL2014 conference. The main objective of the workshop is to provide an overview of solutions to challenges within Digital Preservation Sustainability developed by current and past Digital Preservation researcMelanieImming
- A VM4C3PO 17/07/2014We have just set up a vagrant environment for C3PO. It starts a headless vm where the C3PO related functionalities (Mongodb, Play, a downloadable commandline jar) are managable from the host's browser. Further, the vm itself has all relevant processes configured at start-up independently from vagrant, so it can be, once created, downloaded and used as aalecs
- And the winner is.... 11/09/2014